Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sole Spotlight: Iron Fist's Fall 2014 Line

Iron Fist announced that they were starting to roll out their fall 2014 line this week, and so far I'm pretty damn happy with what I've seen.  There are new silhouettes for the shoes as well as many completely new designs and patterns.  My one hope is that they're getting away from whatever materials they are using that are causing the CA and IL warning stickers to be put on the packages.  If so, these are the ones that I am majorly coveting.

Dead Crazy Super Platform - Black, $55.00
I am always intrigued by an oxford styled heel, and this one just blew me away.  The colors are just gorgeous!  I love the skull and floral print in the design - one of my favorite Iron Fist designs ever.  The super platform means it's a 6" heel height with a 2" platform.  I would prefer a single sole but I don't think it would have the same impact with the design.  Definitely my #1 pick.
 
Rabbitopia Platform - Black, $50.00
This shoe made me smile with the starbursts and the pink bunnies.  I like their take on the rabbits' ears - they look somewhat fish fin-like.  I do appreciate the understated ruffle and trim paired with a slim ankle strap.  I don't particularly care for big bows or other details on my shoes, and I feel this one is done perfectly.  These adorable shoes are a 5" heel with a 1" platform.
 
Sugar Coma Platform - Black, $45.00
This shoe isn't a new silhouette but the style is one I particularly love and already have in my closet.  The back of the heel is corseted with a bow at the top.  I do like the sugar skull pattern being in just black and white, and not being read as skulls at first glance.  These are a 5" heel as well with a 1" platform.
 
Sugar High Oxford - Black, $35.00
Here's another menswear inspired shoe in the line, and this one is a new silhouette.  Besides my surprising pick of a low heel, I also do like the large bow on this one.  I feel that the bow combined with the side cutouts gives it the feminine flair it desires.  The pattern is a really cool and somewhat sinister looking sugar skull with red flowers.  The red flowers also appear in the skulls' eyes under a blue and green butterfly mask.  Really well done! 

1 comment:

Find Me