Monday, September 1, 2014

New Month, New Shoes: September 2014

September.  The official month of the summer to fall transition wardrobe.  It's a better month than last for both ShoeDazzle and JustFab, but overall I'm still in the 'not so satisfied' camp with the new releases.  I don't know if it's JustFab's buyout of ShoeDazzle that's influencing this change over the last few months or if the buyers at both places just aren't finding shoes that fit my personal requirements to be added to the closet.  Either way, I did find a few shoes worth mentioning.



ShoeDazzle: "Roxana" by Madison ($45.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
Ok, I'll admit it, I want these shoes bad.  I love the menswear oxford styling on them but especially the zipper detail around the sides and top back of the heel.  It's the edgy fall shoe I've been looking for and thankfully I've got a credit to make it mine.  This faux suede shoe has a 1.5" platform and an overall height of 5.75", a tall one.  Just a note, "Roxana" also comes in a leopard print but the black is waaaaay better.
 
ShoeDazzle: "Kalinai" by Scene ($45.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
It's a bit metallic, a bit reptilian, has a lace up front, and is an open toe bootie - or "shootie" as some are now calling it.  "Shootie" doesn't seem right to me but that's a discussion for another day...  "Kalinai" comes in a black version and a cream version.  I prefer the black but the cream is worth taking a peek at.  The studs look to be copper colored and depending on the metallic accent color in person, might be a candidate for a repaint.  It is a high platform heel at 6" tall (the platform is 2").  Although I've personally been getting away from the high platforms, I do think it works very well on this style.  Definitely one for the wish list.

 
ShoeDazzle: "Meliana" by Paper Fox ($55.95 VIP members / $75.95 for non-VIPs)
I have a few pairs of knee high open toe boots, but these are a little different.  First of all, this faux croc boot comes in midnight blue, black and leopard.  Surprise!  I personally love the blue version best.  It has a 4" heel with a .5" platform, and the rugged lug sole will help with ease of walking.  I'm still not 100% sold on that sole with a sleeker silhouette but I do think it works with these boots.  It also has an exterior side zip entry as opposed to the interior entry on most.  I really do like them and I do think I'll end up making them mine.

 
Just Fab: "Losira" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
These are similar to a bootie I already own from ShoeDazzle from last year - "Gywnnie" by Sophia and Lee.  The ones I have are quilted across the entire front and are a much higher platform.  I find myself liking the differences between "Gywnnie" and "Losira" - the quilting across the front and sides, the raised front panel, the side buckles, and the much shorter platform although still a 4.5" heel.  I also find the way the trim goes around the top of the boot very appealing.  If I didn't already have the booties from ShoeDazzle, I'd definitely be adding these to my closet.

1 comment:

Find Me