Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mid Month, New Shoes: August 2014

After a very disappointing August release, the mid-month drop at ShoeDazzle was a definite improvement.  I still didn't find a ton of pairs I liked but I did add some to the wish list this time.  I also saw some photos on Instagram for the upcoming gx by Gwen Stefani line in the last week.  I was very impressed, and now am waiting patiently to start seeing some of those shoes materialize.  Hoping for September!



"Klendel" by Isabella Rue ($49.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
Of all the shoes I looked at this morning, I think these would be my first purchase.  With the diamond pattern they're a perfect transition shoe, as well as they would look really good with colored tights underneath in the winter.  Of course, they're the pointed toe silhouette which I love, and they have a cap toe.  I do like the side cutouts and especially the shape of the adjustable ankle strap.  The buckle does look to be gold, but can be easily painted to silver.  These shoes are a single sole with about a 4" heel.  "Klendel" also comes in a very pretty gray, but personally I will stick with my signature black on this one.
 
"Kavia" by ShoeDazzle ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
I really don't need any more black booties, but I like these a lot.  Of course, the laces are what grabbed my attention, and the fact that they run up the side of the shoe rather than the front gives them an edge.  The grommets appear to be silver -a big plus.  These shoes are a back zip entry and look to be around a 4" heel.  "Kavia" also comes in a red-orange (not a pretty color) and a dark green.  I like the green but again I would definitely stick with black on these.

"Akiko" by gc by Gwen Stefani ($59.95 VIP members / $89.95 for non-VIPs)
There were a couple of Gwen's shoes that I added to my favorites, but this is the one I like the most.  It's another great transition bootie which comes in black (my favorite), olive green and bordeaux.  The side inset is elastic, so it's black on the olive green and bordeaux versions, and provides extra room for those with a bit thicker ankles.  I do like the contrast of textiles as well as the cords coming across the foot into a knot in the center.  This shoe is a back zip entry on an island platform, and look to be about a 4.25" heel.
 
"Monia" by Paper Fox ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
I know they're not heels, but they're well worth mentioning.  I am a sucker for quilting and combat boots, and I fell in love with these instantly.  I love how the laces tie around the top as well - and thankfully they have a side zip entry to keep them in place like that.  Definitely one I'd love to have for my more casual days.

2 comments:

Find Me