Friday, August 1, 2014

New Month, New Shoes: August 2014

This is a first.  I have one shoe to talk about as far as August releases go for both ShoeDazzle and JustFab.  And to top that, the shoe is from JustFab, the site I seem to have less luck in finding new and unique additions for my closet.  ShoeDazzle disappointed the hell out of me this morning.  There wasn't anything I would remotely consider adding to my closet.  I found the shoes to be way too basic or way too over the top.  Here's to hoping for a great mid-month drop!

"Nyx" by JustFab ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
Although I have a plethora of black ankle boots in my closet already, I really would consider adding this to my collection because it has some unique elements to it.  First, I really like the laces on the front and how wide they stretch at the bottom.  I find myself loving the pointed toe and with it jutting out over an island platform it becomes even more edgy.  The ankle strap looks to be non-adjustable and has a silver pin push through hardware closure, but that gives it a clean and different look.  It's a side zip entry with a 5" heel and a 1" platform.  On top of all of that, I really love the name of these booties.  I've read quite a few of the books in the "House of Night" series and I feel that the character Nyx, the goddess of the vampyres, would wear these.  I certainly would too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me