Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Decadent vs. Deal: Louboutin, L.A.M.B. and Zanotti

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a "practical" shoe addict.  I love a bargain priced yet well made edgy shoe.  If it's designer inspired, it's an added bonus because I don't actively search out knockoffs.  Here's a few more of my "decadent vs. deal" shoe finds.

First up we have Christian Louboutin's "Pivichic" from last year (found at Saks Fifth Avenue but sold out, around $800), a shoe I fell in love with when I first saw it worn by Emma Watson.  I was thrilled to find one so similar in design (currently on final sale $29.95 VIP, $45.95 non-VIP from ShoeDazzle).  I have the "Teya" shoe and I would say they're true to size even with the PVC and the pointed toe.  The heel being a bit shorter and thicker than the Louboutin's also gives it a bit more stability.  Want them to look more like Louboutin's?  The bottom is black but could easily be painted the Louboutin signature red.  Act fast though as Teya is currently on final sale, but for a few pennies less than $30 how can you go wrong?


Next we have a shoe I had no idea was a L.A.M.B. doppleganger when it joined my closet.  I loved the mesh and the unique cap toe of each of them.  L.A.M.B.'s version, called "Sandy" ($224.99 from heels.com), also comes in a black on black version.  However, what sold me was the cobalt blue and black version of "Davina" from Beau+Ashe (currently on final sale $29.95 VIP, $45.95 non-VIP at ShoeDazzle).  I also like the smaller mesh on "Davina".  Although I love a good pair of fishnets, I prefer them to be on my legs and not necessarily my shoes.  As a 6.5 I would say "Davina" is true to size, although some might prefer to size up with the pointed toe since it is ever so slightly tight.  It's also another fabulous shoe on clearance at ShoeDazzle, so grab them while you can. 


My last share of the day caught my eye because last summer I purchased a bargain priced sandal from Paper Fox called "Lenny" - which sold out in a matter of days.  After receiving them I noticed they were pretty damn close to a Giuseppe Zanotti creation ("Lace-Up Scalloped Sandal", found at NeimanMarcus.com, $1195.00).  While perusing this spring's new offerings, I've found two more incredibly close designs.  The first is one from Piperlime.com, "The BlondeSalad x Steve Madden Trome" priced at $130.00, and then the even cheaper "Vernon" from JustFab ($39.95 VIP members, $49.00 non-VIPs).  All three are suede (although JustFab's is faux), and styled in both the lace up and laser cut trends.  The Madden shoe also comes in a blush version, but Justfab added both a nude and a red one to the mix.  I prefer the black in these, but you could get all 3 colors for less than the price of the Madden pair.  Three is better than one, right? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me