Saturday, March 1, 2014

New Month, New Shoes: March 2014

It's March already!?!?  Summer hours begin where I live on April 1st, so it's definitely getting close to sandal weather - I'm really excited about that!  This month's new releases for both ShoeDazzle and JustFab are also more geared towards the warmer climate in both color and style.  I've found shoes I like at both shoe clubs again.  Maybe now that JustFab and ShoeDazzle have the same owners, Rachel Zoe's ShoeDazzle influence might be carrying over to JustFab a bit.  Who knows for sure, but whatever it is I'm happy to see some style choice improvements in the last two months at JustFab.  So let's get started with my top 3 picks of this month from each club.

ShoeDazzle: "Sondra" by Madison ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
What don't I love about these sandals?!!  I am so happy to see a small platform.  I love the ankle strap and the faux black patent.  The whipstitched detail gives it a very edgy and unique detail.  It's a 4.25" stiletto heel but it doesn't look as high as it is.  "Sondra" also comes in brown with red stitching, but I have to say in my opinion that color combination is hideous.  Definitely go for the black version on these.
 
ShoeDazzle: "Kamryn" by Sophia & Lee ($54.95 VIP members / $64.95 for non-VIPs)
As much as I don't tend to go for the chunky heel, I adore these shoes.  The gladiator styling combined with the silver hardware will turn heads.  I also love the double ankle strap.   I am hoping the ankle strap is somewhat adjustable as my ankles are quite small, otherwise the list of those who will be able to wear these shoes comfortably is going to be quite short.  "Kamryn" also comes in white - not as edgy but I'd consider purchasing it if it were to go on sale.
 
ShoeDazzle: "Tootie" by ShoeDazzle ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
"Tootie" comes in a black/white/turquoise version which normally I would prefer as far as color schemes go, but I feel that the red works with these sandals better.  The colorblocked faux-patent upper is nicely simplistic to balance out the graphic nature of the bottom.  And speaking of that, I am incredibly smitten with the retro mod-inspired pattern on the heel and platform - which in this case is a good reason to have a sky-high platform.  At a 5.75" heel height including the platform you'll be noticed in these.
 
JustFab: "Jeneva" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
I know why I am so attracted to these - they remind me of a stiletto heeled version of Faroine (a wedged sandal) from the Truth or Dare by Madonna collection, which I own.  Now I am trying to decide whether or not to put Faroine on eBay and get these instead because I don't like wedges much, but that's a topic for another day...  "Jeneva" also comes in cobalt blue and both faux-suede versions are stunning with their web-liked pattern.  Love!
 
JustFab: "Darcia" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
"Darcia" captured my attention with the single sole, the pointed toe, the v-strap, the ankle straps, the web-like design on the heel upper, and the faux-pigskin texture (pictured in the upper right corner).  Now say that 5 times fast!  I wish there was a better picture of the area on the back of the heel, but the only way I can view it is in the video that accompanies each item.  It's a gorgeous detail and is the icing on the cake on these shoes.  They also come in a black/gray/blue snakeskin pattern which isn't nearly as aesthetically pleasing, so stick with the black on these.
 
JustFab: "Rynter" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
This laser cutout, open-toe, caged bootie is a perfect transition shoe for spring.  "Rynter" comes in purple, red, nude and black.  I like all of them but the nude because it doesn't highlight the cutout details as well as the others on lighter skin tones.  It looks to be made of a faux-suede material, and the heel height is listed at 6".  I believe the platform to be about 1.5 - 1.75" making the actual heel height slightly over 4".   I am also happy to see the back-zip entry to have a color-coordinated zipper with a silver pull, especially on the purple version.  It is refreshing to know I would not have to take the time to repaint the hardware on these shoes if they were to make their way into my closet.  Just saying...

1 comment:

Find Me