Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Gwen Stefani's gx Line

Gwen Stefani and ShoeDazzle got together and the result is downright fabulous: gx.  It is a line of 11 shoe styles and 11 handbag styles exclusive to ShoeDazzle with all of them being very affordable - only $49.95 to $75.95 if you are a ShoeDazzle VIP!  They were just released today and I've picked my favorites of the bunch - including a bag, so let's get right to it.

"Chiyo" ($59.95 VIP members / $89.95 for non-VIPs, estimated ship date 3/5/14)
I saved one of my $39.95 credits just for this line, and specifically this shoe.  I cannot tell you how much I love the design - ankle strap, slingback styling, corset tie (and a 2 colored tie at that), black and white striped detail where the toe area starts, pointed toe, white footbed, 4.25" stiletto heel...  So many details but they all work together brilliantly.  It also comes in red but the black is much more at home in my closet, and more dynamic in my opinion.  With the tie front and adjustable ankle strap these shoes would most likely fit those with larger ankles.  Now I have to patiently wait for them to arrive.  I'm counting down the minutes...
 
"Mayuko" ($54.95 VIP members / $89.95 for non-VIPs, estimated ship date 3/5/14)
This pump comes in 3 faux-suede versions: black/white, orange/red, and black/nude.  I am not a fan of the last two combinations, but the black and white one - definitely.  I like the colorblocked twist on the classic pump - the black heel and toe cap, and then the white upper.  The black stripes on the sides add an edgy element, and so does the black on the .5" island styled platform.  I'm definitely keeping my eye on these.
 
"Hatsumi" ($65.95 VIP members / $99.95 for non-VIPs)
I love these shoes, and in all 3 colors they come in - cobalt blue, red and black.  Again, the front ties are two-toned on all three.  I like that the shoes have a back zip entry so you can leave the laces intact once worn, and that the ties are long enough to wrap around the ankle at the top.  The textile is faux-patent with a shine to it, but not too much shine that the shoes lean towards the trashy side.  I declare "Hatsumi" another winner from the gx line.
 
and now for the bag...
Furano ($59.95 VIP members / $84.95 for non-VIPs)
The cobalt blue and the corset styling is what drew me to this bag.  It also comes in black, but I find the contrast with the blue, black and silver to be much more interesting.  It's a good size - 11" L x 13.5" W x 5" D so not too big, not too small.  It has a zip top closure (always a plus) and the handles have a 15.5" dropThe signature print lining inside is a nice touch too.  "Furano" was by far my favorite of her bags, but all were in the $49.95 to $69.95 for VIPs price range and with an edgier style to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me