Saturday, February 1, 2014

New Month, New Shoes: February 2014

This month was quite interesting in the shoes offered by both ShoeDazzle and JustFab.  ShoeDazzle showed their members a softer side overall (plus lot of my favourite colour purple!), and JustFab finally has a shoe for me to talk about.  Hooray!

My top 3 choices from ShoeDazzle this month are Chatelle, Keeva, and Alannah.  The shoe I picked from JustFab is Reanne, and all are shown below.

ShoeDazzle: "Chatelle" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
This hot blue and black snakeskin sandal is by ShoeDazzle.  It's very similar to one I mentioned in my Tuesday Trend: Snakeskin feature last week, but I think is probably the better deal both in price (only $9 and change more) and in quality.  You'll have to pay shipping with GoJane, which you don't if you are a ShoeDazzle VIP (although this item would qualify for free shipping as a non-VIP).  I haven't had any quality issues with ShoeDazzle in a few years, and I would especially note that the ties on this don't look like they'll break after one wearing like the GoJane shoes did.  The sandals have a 1" platform and also come in black/orange and black/white versions.
 
ShoeDazzle: "Keeva" by Michael Antonio ($53.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
Michael Antonio's "Keeva" embraces the black and white trend of this season, but also gives it a bit of an edge with all the buckled straps.  I'm really happy that the hardware appears to be a gunmetal color as opposed to gold.  With the back zip closure, I would hope that the buckles on the straps are also functional to allow those with smaller or larger ankles to get a nice fit on these sandals.  It looks promising.
 
ShoeDazzle: "Alannah" by Sophia & Lee ($54.95 VIP members / $65.95 for non-VIPs)
I love a good multi-seasonal shoe.  Sophia & Lee got this one on the money.  These shoes also have a bit of a edgy, darker vibe.  I love the triangular shape of the tie front area, and the perforated upper that gives the material some added texture and pattern. What really captivated me about these shoes is though they are menswear inspired, they still hold a good deal of sex appeal with the stiletto heel, open toe and slingback.  Definitely one I'll be adding to my closet.
 
JustFab: "Reanne" ($39.95 VIP members, $49.00 for non-VIPs) 
Finally, a style I really would consider purchasing!  I'm all about the single sole and/or small platform lately.  That's what first made me gravitate towards this shoe.  Add to that the corset front styling and the studded details - now you've got something on my wish list.  I like these a lot because they're a little casual and a little dressy at the same time, but still have an edge to them.  I know northerners would probably cringe thinking of wearing something like these shoes in wintertime, but I think in the warmer southern US I could easily get away with them.  Let the contemplating begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me