Monday, February 3, 2014

Alternative Valentine Shoes

It's that time of year again, the time of hearts, candy and cupids.  I like a little bit of v-day in my house and in my shoes but I don't want anything saccharin sweet gracing my decor and especially my feet.  Here are some alternative valentine shoes that will get you in the mood for love, but are also very wearable the rest of the year.

"Bordello Teeze 12-2" by Pinup Couture
($62.99 from SinisterSoles.com)
I have the same shoe style from this brand but my pumps have a Dia de los Muertos pattern.  From my personal experience I can tell you that the shoes are pretty easy to walk in even with the high heel and platform.  They're comfortable enough, but if you'll be doing a lot of walking or standing in them you will want to get yourself some gel inserts.  These shoes only come in whole sizes, so make sure to size up if you are between sizes.
 
"Marah" by Betsey Johnson
($109.99 from heels.com)
This satin heeled and sequined bootie is definitely a dressier shoe but nicely subtle when it comes to the hearts pattern.  Being black on black it also works incredibly well for those with anti-valentine sentiments.  They're a little pricier than my average shoe purchase but a) they're Betsey Johnson (made by Steve Madden), b) they're well made with details like a non-skid sole, and c) heels.com includes shipping and free returns in the price.  If these were to make their way into my closer, I'd pair the open toes with a pedicure in a slick dark red or purple polish.
 
"Ginger" in leopard by Bettie Page
($55.95 from shoebuy.com, also comes in a black, a red and a pink patent, all with leopard heel accents)
This pinup inspired pump is adorable with its faux patent bow front, scalloped edging, polka dot interior, and the part that makes this one of my valentine picks - the big leopard print heart on the back heel.  Each of the other schemes it comes in is just as adorable as the full leopard and all would work beautifully for valentine festivities.  Bettie Page is another brand that offers only whole sizes.  From what I've read, you should size up if in between sizes in this one as well.

1 comment:

Find Me