Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday Trend: Snakeskin

I will admit, snakeskin is not a pattern I've ever really gotten into - until the last few years.  I've always associated it with the black and white version you find on tacky cowboy boots, not a look I would ever embrace.  The newer versions are so much more colorful with no hint of western wear in sight.  I can admit that  I own a few pairs of heels in this pattern, one of my favorites being a deep plum, black and grey by Michael Antonio.  I'm now looking to add some more of this trend to my wardrobe especially with the new arrivals I'm seeing at my internet shoe stomping grounds.

"Joycelyn" by ShoeDazzle
($39.95 VIP, $45.95 non-VIP, from ShoeDazzle)
I've already got these strappy sandals waiting patiently for the weather to warm up.  The photos in no way do the textile justice.  It's a metallic pastel rainbow of snakeskin which is downright gorgeous in person.  I would say they are true to size (as a 6.5) and decently comfortable to walk in.  They are worth every penny in my opinion.  My word of caution would be to those with larger ankles or wide feet - the straps do not adjust.  Side note: these also are available in a gold metallic version.
 
"Duchess" by BCBGeneration
($110 from Zappos.com)
The first pair of (faux) snakeskin shoes that I fell in love with were a pair of corseted black snakeskin open toe booties from ShoeDazzle in 2011 (style name "Ciara" and love!), and these are on a similar wavelength with their caged style.  They're a bit more than what I'd normally pay for shoes, but I also make sure to sign up for email lists and consult the coupon sites such as retailmenot.com to make sure that I can get the best deal possible for every pair I buy.
 
"Python Dream Corset Heels (#93984)"
($30.80 from GoJane.com)
I am very attracted to the corset styling on these sandals, and especially the bright blue!  I might possibly replace the tie before wearing with something that looks a little more sturdy, but for the price you really can't go wrong - maybe even grab them in both the blue and the fuchsia it is offered in.  You know the saying, "if the shoe fits, buy it in every color."

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those turquoise ones are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit, snakeskin is not a pattern I've ever really gotten into - until the last few years. I've always associated it with the black and white ... snakeskinheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Find Me