Friday, January 17, 2014

Sole Spotlight: the Online Shoe Club "ShoeDazzle"

I'd have to say in the past year or so, a good portion of the shoes I've added to my closet have been from ShoeDazzle.com.  The shoes they carry are affordably priced, a good value for the money, and best of all, they have a great selection of really unique, edgy shoes.  I've also been a member of theirs for almost 4 years now, and I can tell you that in the last year and a half, ShoeDazzle has really impressed me.  The first few years I made purchases here and there, and some were returned due to quality issues or ridiculous fit issues.  I can't say that anymore; I am smitten with them again.



I know a lot of people aren't sure if they want to join a shoe club?  Here are 10 reasons why I would join ShoeDazzle if I was not already a member:

1. First and foremost, the shoes and their wide selection of styles I would add to my already very crowded closet.  It is rare that I don't find at least 5 styles per month that I'd love to get my feet into that are NOT something I already own.  They also have bags and jewelry available, and on occasion offer other items.  I have only purchased 2 bags and 3 bracelets in my time as a member, but I feel that they've also been of good quality for the price paid.

2. To VIP or non-VIP: this ultimately depends on how diligent you would be to remember to skip the month by the 5th if you don't have the cash on hand or want to be charged.  If you don't skip, you would be charged $39.95 on the 6th of the month and would receive a credit in that amount on your account, something a lot of people don't like.  However, being a VIP also means priority access to sales, up to a 25% reduction of the regular retail price, and you don't have to meet a minimum purchase price to receive free ground shipping.  You also have the choice of reduced shipping for faster receipt - $6.95 for 2-5 business days, and $17.95 for 1-2 business days.  My advice:  Go VIP.  The best thing I've done is make a habit on the first of the month when the new shoes arrive to automatically hit that "skip" button.  That way I can leisurely browse and purchase when I'm ready rather than get the automatic charge, and I still get all the benefits.

3. Rachel Zoe. Ever since she teamed up with ShoeDazzle I swear they've done a 180.  The shoe selection  is so much better along with the quality improving by leaps and bounds.  To me, her influence really turned the company around in a good way.

4. Members-Only Daily Fix Deals.  Monday through Saturday an item is introduced at a reduced price with free shipping (even if you aren't VIP you get the benefit with that item).  Most of the time the items are new introductions, but they also offer older items at a substantial discount, especially on Saturday mornings.  They call it the "Saturday Morning Steal", and they're usually well worth taking the peek.  If you like the shoe offered there is the incentive to buy it to save another $5 (on average) before noon PST.

6. Designer brands at a discount - Steve Madden, Betsey Johnson, Jessica Simpson, BCBGeneration, Chinese Laundry, Michael Antonio... just to name a few.  The catch is that they are offered in limited quantities so you have to pay attention to the new arrivals to make sure you don't miss out.

7. The sales!  right now they're doing a sale for VIPs only - $25 boots and booties!   They've even done such fabulous sales such as get a free clearance pair with a regular priced pair, or an extra percentage off sale items for VIPs.  The sales alone are worth joining for.

8. Their loyalty program ("Style Points").  You receive 25 points per $10 spent, and 200 points per friend referral with first purchase.  When you hit 1000 points you receive a $39.95 credit which covers most of the shoes and bags offered.  Between my own purchases and the amount of people I've gotten to sign up, I've been able to pick out quite a few pairs on their dime.  Score!

9. Not sure what size to get or if you should buy it right away?  They allow their customers to post online reviews, something I do for every pair I purchase.  The reviews usually will clue you in to any sizing issues, quality issues or things like if you might have smaller/wider feet why the shoes might or might not be for you.  They're very helpful and have made up my mind for me at times when I couldn't on my own.  The other thing they offer is that they also will post a graphic on an item when it's low stock or the quantity left when it's 10 or less pairs, another helpful hint.

10. When you first join you will take a fashion quiz so they learn your style to make your bi-monthly showroom suggestions.  It's a nice feature and they usually are decently on track with their suggestions.  However, you can click on the "shop by" link on the top menu to browse all the shoes, bags and jewelry being offered.  That's where I start every month.

And now, to turn it up to 11... Click this link and you will also get 50% off your first purchase.  Do it!  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me