Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday Trend: Pointed Toes

One of the latest shoe trends has been a return to the non-platformed sole coupled with the pointed toe - my preferred shoe shape.  I've seen a lot of pumps in this style, but also a lot of shoes with ankle straps or ankle decorations, something I really like to make a standard pump into something unique. I do think that this pointed style looks and feels best on a smaller, average to narrow width foot, but if you like them, who cares?  Wear them!

Some of my favourite and more importantly, affordable shoes in this trend:

Iron Fist's "Skull It Out Heel"
($45.00 at ironfistclothing.com)
These lacey skull cutout pumps are already in my closet.  The skull pattern is subtle, which is nice for those places you want to be you but you can't shove it in their face.  They're decently comfortable and easy to walk in for the heel height.  Iron Fist shoes only come in whole sizes.  I'm normally a 6.5 but order a 6 in Iron Fist shoes.  These 6s are just a tad big on me, probably due to the pointed toe.  Some heel liner inserts took care of that issue.
Truth or Dare by Madonna's "Skalecki"
($99.99 at heels.com)
I love the ankle corset tie closure and triangular studs on these shoes.  I only wish that the pyramid studs were silver and not that other metallic color.  Something to note - I own a few pairs of Truth or Dare shoes, and in the pointed styles I have needed to go up by a half size, so a 6.5 to a 7.
Pleaser's Heat-08
($50.95 at inkedshop.com)
These edgy faux patent shoes are on my wish list.  I love the studded ankle strap, the shiny stiletto heel, and the metal toe cap on the vamp.  I'm not sure how adjustable the ankle strap is, and this might be a problem to those with thicker ankles.  Pleaser's shoes only come in whole sizes, and I have to go up to a 7 in their shoes.

1 comment:

Find Me