Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Month, New Shoes! - January 2014

I look forward to the first of every month because that is the day I get to see all the new shoes at the two shoe clubs I am a member of - ShoeDazzle and JustFab.  I think they're both great companies, but in the last year JustFab hasn't been as good as it was in the past for me.  Their shoe styles seems to have gone more average (shoe styles you'd find at Target) and the quality seems to have suffered a bit as well.  Also in the past year - and maybe Rachel Zoe's arrival helped it become this - ShoeDazzle has soared to new heights for me.  Their shoes are unique and edgy and cool, three things I look for before adding a pair to my wardrobe.  I don't have any shoes from JustFab to share with you this month.  Maybe they'll surprise me with something that is more my style next month.  Until then...

My top 3 choices from ShoeDazzle are Tanika, Telisa, and Nafessa, all shown below.

Tanika by Beau+Ashe ($45.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
This shoe remind me of the union jack and mid century modern art at the same time.  I love the cut outs and ankle strap, and the PVC gives it an edge.  My word of warning is in the pin closures for the ankle strap.  If it's not flush to the foot, it might not look so good and might cause issues while walking because the shoe might flop around.  I'll at least try these with my next order because it they are quite the unique addition to my wardrobe.  If it doesn't work, ShoeDazzle does free returns.
Telisa by Beau+Ashe ($49.95 VIP members / $54.95 for non-VIPs)
 I adore anything black and white striped, and this certainly fits that bill.  The black "stripes" are also of contrasting matte and patent textiles, a detail which I really like.  My only concern is the ankle strap because it's not adjustable.  If you have larger ankles, this might be a shoe to avoid.
Nafessa by Scene ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 non-VIPs)
This shoecomes in a black and white version as well.  Purple is my favourite colour, so therefore I'd have to pick the purple; it's not often you find purple shoes, let alone a pleasing snakeskin print!  Both the back/heel and the front tie are in the snakeskin - fabulous detail!  I also love a caged style that this is.  It's a great transition shoe from winter to spring.  Come on warmer weather!
Not sure if you want to join a shoe club?  In the next few weeks I will go through the pros and cons of joining one, so make sure to check back for more information.
Happy new year, and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me