Sunday, January 5, 2014

Walking In A Winter Wonderland

Seven years ago I moved away from a climate which has a lot of snow.  Besides my health being so much better and being a summer girl at heart (I now have 6 months of summer!), the next best thing is that I don't need those "sensible winter shoes" anymore.  I know you know the ones - the ugly, non-stylish snow boots you must have to trudge through foot high snow drifts just to pick up a gallon of milk at the grocery store, and those flat, clunky, rubber-soled shoes that don't do anything for your outfit but you won't skid on the ice?  I'm so glad that's all behind me now.

A friend of mine posted this photo of what I would call "shoe snowplows" on my facebook profile the other day.  It appears that you strap these little plows to your shoes as the strap goes around the back of the heel and the toe goes into the back of the plow.  The question is, if these accessories were actually functional, would you put them on your shoes?  Nice idea, but I can't say I'd want the opportunity to use them.

2 comments:

  1. I think those are more funny than useful! And it's not just getting the snow out of your way, but the fact that your feet would freeze in those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely more amusing than useful! I am more than happy to be in a place where I hardly ever have to deal with snow anymore! =)

      Delete

Find Me