Monday, January 13, 2014

A Shoe In The Hand

I don't watch many award shows but I do make a point to watch the Golden Globes and the Oscars.  I don't care as much for the awards as I do seeing Hollywood dress up for the occasion - dresses, shoes, hairstyles, the works.  There were a few looks I loved - Uma Thurman in Versace, Jessica Chastain in Givenchy, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Roberto Cavalli.  I would even go so far to say Jenna Dewan-Tatum stole the spotlight from her husband in her stunning black and white gown.  I am also quite curious to know what shoes she paired with it.


As far as my favourite moment of the show (or maybe EVER on a Golden Globes broadcast), it was Emma Thompson presenting, hands down.  She comes onto the stage barefoot and holding her shoes in one hand, a martini in the other.  First she points to the signature bottom of her Christian Louboutin open toe pumps saying, "I just want you to know, this red, it's my blood."  Then, a few minutes later, upon realizing she has no hands available to open the envelope to announce the winner, she tosses her shoes behind her.


I am guessing she's someone who isn't used to wearing heels, and in that case, I can't say I blame her for throwing them.  Although if I had spent my hard earned money on those Louboutins (I found a very similar CL shoe - "Palais Royal Trepointe" for $975 at Barneys.com), I certainly wouldn't be doing that.  Would you?

2 comments:

  1. Emma is just not very much into glamour stuff, I think! And frankly, I'm sure her feet are more delicate now than when she was younger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - and in all honesty I adore her! I just found it amusing as well as a bit cringeworthy that she'd throw a pair of nearly $1000 shoes. I don't even throw my $20 shoes, lol!

      Delete

Find Me