Saturday, January 11, 2014

Winter Wear

Although I LOOOOOOOVE wearing my high heels, there are days that dictate the heels stay put in the closet (such as in this past week of frigid arcticness across North America).  Being a girl who loves a more goth/rocker look, I have some closet staples that I turn to in times like these.

First up we have a pair I am wearing now...
"Brett" by Leila Stone
($25.00 VIP, $59.95 non-VIP, from ShoeDazzle)
I love these boots so much, I bought 2 pairs!  They do run about a half size large - even with thick winter socks - so make sure to take that into account if you would like a pair.  The calf measurement is on these is 14.5", perfect for those with a small to medium calf.  I wear them over both leggings and skinny jeans.
 
"Colton" by JustFab
(currently sold out -  purchased from JustFab.com for $39.95, also sold at heels.com for $54.99)
The two reasons these combat-styled boots made me purchase them:
1) they're a bit taller than the standard combat boot, and
2) it's all in the details - the buckled ankle straps and the tiny studs on the back of the heel.
They're pretty versatile too - they go just as well with shorts in the summer as they do with rolled up boyfriend jeans in the winter.
 
"Rock On Tall Boot (Black)" by Abbey Dawn
(currently sold out - purchased from JustFab.com for $39.95, retailed at $114.99 from heels.com)
These were a STEAL through JustFab at $39.95, and are a pair I tend to wear mostly with dresses in warmer weather.  They also work nicely over leggings for the winter so they made an appearance this past week.  I have smaller calves (13.5") and the 6 in these (whole sizes only, size down a half size if you're in between sizes) fit me like a glove.  There's not a whole lot of room to adjust them either so thankfully they did fit as well as they do.  They also come in a tartan plaid, and there are some 5's and 6's in the red plaid still available through heels.com.
 
Last but not least...
"Starlight Fugg Boot" by Iron Fist
(purchased from punk.com, no longer in business.  $40.00 from amazon.com)
I'm not a big fan of the Ugg Boot style, but these were too cute to pass up!  I rarely wear these outside of the house - I consider these more to be my slippers.  They keep my feet incredibly toasty on these cold days, and who doesn't love an adorable star print?  These come in whole sizes only.  I'm a 6.5 and I wear a 6 in Iron Fist shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me