Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mid Month, New Shoes: July 2014

Normally I don't talk about the mid month releases, but again this month ShoeDazzle has come through with some big contenders for the closet.  Is it a coincidence that all the shoes I've picked are from the Paper Fox brand?  No, not at all.  I find that line of shoes to be the most unique and edgy of the bunch.  I can't wait to add these picks to my ever-growing collection.


"Trista" by Paper Fox ($45.95 VIP members / $54.95 for non-VIPs)
I first saw this shoe on their early June commercial (see it on YouTube), but they were shown in blue.  I've been wanting to see it up close ever since, and they do not disappoint.  Either version, black or blue, is worth adding to the collection, but of course I will be picking the black one.  The dots are very pinup, and the ombre reptilian pattern mixed with it - love!  It's my favorite silhouette as well, the single soled pointed toe, and looks to be about a 4" heel.  I also know I'm not the only one who has been waiting for this shoe from many comments I have seen since the commercial came out.  I think this one should be on your "grab it now or you'll be sorry" list.
 
"Vinia" by Paper Fox ($65.95 VIP members / $75.95 for non-VIPs)
When I scrolled through the photos of new shoes, this was the one that was my first "must have".  I really am attracted to the bungee lace up front, something that will be a good thing to accommodate a wide range of ankle and calf sizes.  I also really like the fact that they're not a knee high boot.  "Vinia" is a bit of a gladiator sandal with the open front and open toe, a bit vampy in black with the lace up front, and something I cannot wait to put my feet into.  They're also a great boot to wear from spring through summer to fall.  These boots have a back zip entry and look to be a 4" heel.

 
"Stelle" by Paper Fox ($49.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
I don't do brown, but I do love a giraffe print.  This shoe with its black and white giraffe print is wonderfully graphic, and also has a texture to it if you look closer.  It is quite sexy with the thin double ankle strap coupled with the ringed t-strap.  It has a slightly thicker 4" stiletto heel but I do think that works well bringing the giraffe pattern onto the heel.  It's a back zip entry and pointed toe.  The straps don't appear to be adjustable so I would be a little cautious if you have thicker ankles.

 
"Tia" by Paper Fox ($49.95 VIP members / $55.95 for non-VIPs)
They mistakenly put this shoe in the new July releases and a few hours later it was gone, leaving me very disappointed.  I am very glad to see it has returned with the mid month drop.  This shoe also come in a solid chartreuse, but I find that version to be a little off putting with the color.  The gunmetal metallic heel and sole with the black front on "Tia" is striking, as is the hardware and the straps over the sole.  Speaking of the straps, it's another one with non-adjustable ankle straps and these look to be pretty tight on the model.  I think they're going to be for those with skinny ankles only.  The closure on these 6" heels is a back zip entry, and they have a 1.5" platform.

2 comments:

Find Me