Wednesday, July 9, 2014

New Shoe Review: Shoedazzle's "Cheque", "Filme" and "Jazzy"

So let's talk some shoes here this morning.  I was overly excited for this box to arrive.  ShoeDazzle had an incredible sale last week - $24.95 VIP for all dress sandals sale - and I took advantage!  I picked up 2 pairs that are regularly $49.95 VIP, and one that was $54.95 VIP.  I think I did pretty well there!  I have already professed my love for the 3 sandals I'll be talking about in previous posts ("Cheque", "Filme" & "Jazzy") but that was before I had them in person.  Did they live up to my hype?  Let's see.

"Cheque" by Beau+Ashe ($54.95 VIP members / $65.95 for non-VIPs)
I cannot tell you how much I love this shoe!  It was the first one of the bunch that I decided to put on Instagram, the photo I took shown below.  I was on the fence about liking the rugged lug sole, but it works so well with this sporty design.  I was also very impressed with the quality.  The pattern is lined up on both of my shoes really well, something I am a stickler about especially when the pattern is so graphic.  I found them true to size in a 6.5, and really easy to walk in for the 4" heel height.  The sole does make a difference in a good way - it makes it even easier to strut your stuff in them.  The comfort isn't so great, but inserts will easily take care of that.  The one thing I will warn about is the ankle strap.  It's not adjustable due to the back zip closure so therefore only a select group is going to be able to wear these.  I have skinny ankles and I have hardly any extra room in them, maybe enough for my pinky finger to slip under.  If you've got thicker ankles, do avoid them.
"Filme" by Paper Fox ($49.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
This shoe I had high hopes for and ended up being let down.  The style?  Love it.  Really clever use of the film pattern and my choice of the gunmetal color (as opposed to gold) works really well with it.  I did find them true to size for a 6.5 although some of the ShoeDazzle website reviews say it's a bit tight in the toe area.  I did not find that to be the case.  They are very easy to walk in for the 3.5" heel height but they could use a little help in the comfort department.  Quality on these babies?  Not there as far as I'm concerned.  First of all, mine arrived damaged.  One of the toe area straps was separated at the edge.  Then we go on to the metallic material.  It looks really nice until you crease it, and it's sooooo easily and sadly permanently creased.  In just trying them on it looked like I had worn them several times, not good in my book.  I think "Filme" would work better as a showpiece than actually being worn.
"Jazzy" by Paper Fox ($49.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
Simply. Stunning.  Wow, I thought so before and I KNOW so now that it has graced my foot.  It really hugs the foot and ankle area well, displacing all worries I had.  There isn't a roll or gap while both sitting and walking thanks to the adjustable buckles on the sides.  I found "Jazzy" to be true to size as well for a 6.5.  For comfort, the heel area is well padded but the ball of the foot could use a little more.  Walking in the sandals was easy for the 4" heel height but my pinky toe isn't sitting well in the straps, and in retrospect it looks like the foot model might just have the same issue.  The position of 2 straps above my toes is open enough for it to want to break free.  I don't want to be taping my toes together to wear these, but that might be something I will need to consider if I'll be wearing them for long periods of time.  Overall I am really happy with these shoes.  They're definitely well made and should be a welcome addition to any heel girl's closet.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your photo for the Cheque sandals, twin! You really could model shoes for a living! ;)
    Great reviews as always, bummer about the Filme ones, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, twin! You know how badly I wish I could be a shoe model! At least I can have fun with my photography of them in the meantime. =)

      Delete

Find Me