Monday, June 16, 2014

Mid Month, New Shoes: June 2014

Well, now I know why I didn't find much to add to the wish list at the beginning of this month.  Both ShoeDazzle and JustFab were waiting for mid-month releases.  ShoeDazzle also released new gx by Gwen Stefani shoes in this mid-month drop, so I was especially happy to see that (although now a lot of the gx shoes are starting to look a little too similar in style for my taste).  I have added 12 pairs from ShoeDazzle to my ever-growing wish list, and 1 from JustFab.  Although I added so many of them, I'll be sharing my favorites of the bunch with you.

ShoeDazzle: "Randi" by Madison ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
"Randi" caught my eye for 2 reasons - it's a very retro pinup shoe as well as it's red, white, and blue with black polka dots, perfect for a July 4th outing if you've got one to go to.  Normally I don't go for the whole red, white and blue thing, but these I couldn't welcome faster into my closet. I really like the combo of the ankle strap with the "x" strap underneath it (for lack of a better term).  It adds some extra sexiness to the silhouette of the shoe.  They look like they have about a half inch platform, and a 4" heel, so these also should be pretty easy to walk in.  Now I need to find the perfect fit and flare dress to match these!
 
ShoeDazzle: "Margee" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
As a girl who doesn't like wedges, these are on my MUST HAVE list.  The Burtonesque stripes sold it for me, as well as the positioning of them on the wedge heel.  I'm super picky about wedges I will add to my collection because they usually aren't remotely flattering to the foot, but this one actually is.  It's a 6" platform wedge as well, and has a really cute ankle strap with a circular buckle to balance out the boldness.  "Margee" also comes in a red and white striped version.  Love it, love it, love it!!
 
ShoeDazzle: "Jazzy" by Paper Fox ($49.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
I really love the Paper Fox brand and these sandals are no exception.  "Jazzy" is a stunning cutout sandal, especially with the double ankle strap and the way the lattice comes up the leg a bit.  I am really happy to see that these ankle straps are adjustable and the shoes are not a back zip entry because this style has the potential of not fitting properly on the foot/ankle.  If the lattice isn't flush to your foot, you're going to get gaps and rolls, not remotely the look you were intending on.  This shoe has a 1" platform and is a 5" total heel.
 
ShoeDazzle: "Filme" by Paper Fox ($49.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
What can I say about these?  The metallic finish in gunmetal got me to look closer at them, but the fact the straps mimic film is what made me put them on my wish list.  They also come in gold, but the gold is not something I'd wear.  I go for the unique, and these definitely are that.  They look to be a single sole sandal, and about a 4.25" heel.
 
ShoeDazzle: "Clique" by Paper Fox ($45.95 VIP members / $54.95 for non-VIPs)
Geometric patterned shoes can go either way - the pattern distracts from the shoe itself or works with it.  "Clique" is one that works, and works quite well.  The description says it is 80s inspired, but I really like these pumps as opposed to the horrible fashion of that decade.  It comes in both fuchsia and chartreuse, and I find myself wanting both colors.  It's a single sole pointed toe silhouette, so it might require going half a size up.  The heel height looks to be about 4.25".
 
JustFab: "Bellona" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
Although this is considered "fall preview" (grumble, grumble...  it's not technically even summer yet!), I am in love with this open toe knee high boot.   It does look big in the calf area on the model, but it says that it has a 14" calf circumference.  My guess is that she's in a large size and has very skinny calves, because 14" would be downright perfect for me.  The patterned cutouts sold me on this boot, and I really think it is a great alternative to a gladiator sandal/boot.  Of course, it would work for early fall too but definitely one I'd wear whenever it's warm enough out.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, really stunning shoes all of them! Burtonian stripes for the win!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I purchase these shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shoes came out in June of last year. They're sold out. I think the only way you're going to find them now is to check sites like eBay.

    ReplyDelete

Find Me