Saturday, June 21, 2014

New Shoe Review: ShoeDazzle's "Jaffe", "Haru" and "Corinne"

Ah, nothing like a big box of shoes showing up at your door to make the day that much better!!  That happened Monday when I received 3 new pairs from ShoeDazzle.  With all of these new arrivals being recent releases, and two of the pairs being shoes that I have talked about before, here are my thoughts on the 3 of them.

"Jaffe" by Paper Fox ($49.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
I picked the black and white version over the solid silvery gunmetal of "Jaffe".  The contrasting colors mixed with the strap placement, and then add to that the single sole, pointed toe and stiletto heel - you have one very sexy and stunning shoe, and even more so in person!  As a size 6.5 it's true to size.  I found it decently comfortable in walking around my house in it, but for long periods of wear I know I would need some sort of insert.  I also found them very easy to walk in for the heel height.  There were no quality flaws that I would note here either.  My only gripe about this shoe is that the side "buckle" is really a folded over velcro strip.  It is adjustable which is nice, but had they made that an actual buckle I think the shoe would have been perfect.
 
"Haru" by gx by Gwen Stefani ($59.95 VIP members / $95.95 for non-VIPs)
If there's one thing I can say about the gx line of shoes it's that they are really, really comfortable.  Except for the "Misaki" open toe booties, I don't think I would put an insert into any of the pairs I have (these, "Izumi", "Hoshi", and "Mayuko").  As far as "Haru" goes, these also come in an indigo/black/white/gray version, and a red/black/white version.  I chose the black as I felt it would best match my wardrobe, and I really like the noticeable contrast of textiles in the upper in person.  They are true to size for a 6.5, but I will warn that the ankle strap is not adjustable.  I have small ankles and I don't have much additional room once they're on.  I found the shoes easy to walk in, and really comfortable as I mentioned earlier.  I would say that they're also well made, though I do think they're a little pricey.  I try to save my VIP credits for the gx shoes to make them more affordable.
 
"Corinne" by Paper Fox ($39.95 VIP members / $54.95 for non-VIPs)
I didn't talk about this shoe before, but it grew on me since its release.  My hair has blue and purple streaks in it, and this year I've added some cobalt pieces to my wardrobe.  I thought these would be a nice addition to my wardrobe, and an alternative to an all black shoe.  They come in a black version with a muted gold heel/sole, and then this version which is considered blue/silver on their site.  I would say the heel/sole is a muted glossy black, not silver, so I don't know where the silver fits in on these.  The faux suede that the straps are made of is actually pretty comfortable.  That said, I would keep a BandAid Friction Block Stick around just in case the first few times you wear these to prevent possible rubbing and/or blisters.  The sole itself isn't the most comfortable so I'd look for some inserts for longer periods of wear.  They are true to size for my 6.5 feet.  I also thought they were easy to walk in for the heel height and well made.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic reviews for such stunning shoes! Also, thanks for the discovery of the Band-aid friction block! Must keep it in mind for when wearing heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear by that Band-Aid Friction Block! It has prevented many blisters for me, and I always have one in my handbag. Another tip: if you are wearing the shoes for more than an hour or two, do reapply it a few times for maximum protection of your tootsies! =)

      Delete

Find Me