Thursday, June 19, 2014

Proper Hair and Good Shoes

Besides my love of shoes, I have a bit of a fascination with the fashion and style icons of the 1960's.  On my powder room wall is a black and white photo collage of some of those lovely ladies back in the day - head shots of Twiggy, Tina Louise, catwoman Julie Newmar, Goldie Hawn from her "Laugh In" days, and one of the first supermodels, Jean Shrimpton.  I also have Nancy Sinatra sitting in a white mini dress with her matching signature white knee boots, and Brigitte Bardot in short shorts paired with a very fashionable hat and black thigh-high boots.  In the middle of these photos is a poster of the ultimate 60s icon Marilyn Monroe tying on a pair of lucite heeled sandals with her famous "man's world" quote printed on the bottom.  There is even a pair of black high heeled shoe ornaments hanging on the wall all of these fabulous women.
 
 
Why did I decide to decorate this way?  Well, both these women and 1960s fashion have lasted the test of time.  Seeing their faces as I get ready each day reminds me to always try to look my best, and to make sure I have a perfect head-to-toe outfit to complement.  I believe Iris Apfel said it best with this quote from Harper's Bazaar:
 

1 comment:

  1. I should have something like this to remind me of that whenever I leave the house, NOT to go to work! ;)
    Love the decoration in your powder room twin! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Find Me