Sunday, June 8, 2014

New Shoe Review: BCBGeneration's "Clemento" and "Odessa"

Classic shoes.  That is what BCBGeneration is overall.  But there are shoe styles in this brand that mix up the classic aspect a bit and end up on my wish list.  Sometimes they really bring that unique edge that I always seek out to make them part of my shoe collection.  That's what the two pairs I recently added to my closet had, "Clemento" and "Odessa".  That said, I also don't normally spend much for my shoes.  Although both of these retail over $100 - $118 and $110 respectively - I was able to pick up both pairs for a combined $63 and some change, over 70% off!  Pretty good considering they're both genuine leather uppers, and are a brand known for quality.
 
First up, Clemento, $118.00.
I thought I got a deal when I tried to purchase it through ShoeDazzle with a partial freebie of a VIP credit for $67.  Turns out their inventory was off and my order was cancelled.  Cue the frown. Then I found it on Dillards.com for less that what I paid for it on ShoeDazzle (but with shipping costs would have been close to SD in price), but that wasn't meant to be either.  When I went back to buy it a little later, my size was gone!  So I googled for the shoe and ended up on BCBGeneration.com where I was able to pick it up for less than half of the retail price!  I signed up for their mailing list which gave me an extra 15% off my order, and it was free ground shipping.  What started out as sadness ended up putting a big smile on my face.

But now for the review - I love this rocker-esque caged front heel!  It was all that I had wished for and more.  First off, the sexy studded ankle straps are adjustable so whether you have skinny ankles like me or have a bit more to love, you'll be able to make these shoes work for you.  There is also a back zip entry, so once you get those buckles to where you want them you'll be able to get in and out of the shoes with ease.  The sizing was true to size for me - a 6.5 - and usually pointed toes mean sizing up.  They are easy to walk in, have a non-skid sole, and the padded footbed is really comfortable - but I've only worn them around the house.  So far I'm thinking I may not have to get inserts for these.  The quality is as expected - no issues here!  Side note: they also come in a nude version, but the nude is not for me.
 
Second, Odessa, $110
I had my eye on these slingbacks but was going back and forth over buying them.  I broke down and purchased them when they were on clearance for $15 shipped from ShoeDazzle, and I had a $5 off coupon which made them $10.  How could I pass this up?!  They appear to be just your average black slingback until you see the bottom of the shoe.  There is row of nice and sharp little black spikes underneath giving it an edge.  They're perfect for those days when my skull-laden shoes aren't appropriate but I want to keep my personality in my outfit.  Although now ShoeDazzle is sold out of "Odessa", you can purchase these at 6pm.com for $72.99 (cheapest I found it).  They also come in red, a metallic silver, and a black/white snakeskin (all of which appear to be even cheaper than the black version if you google them).

My review on these: Again, true to size (6.5) for a pointed toe style.   They are very easy to walk in with a 3.5" heel, a lower heel height than my normal 4"+.  The footbed is really comfortable,  the soles are non-skid, the quality is fantastic.  Truly a twist on a classic!

3 comments:

  1. Twin, you truly are a shoe expert! I love how complete and thorough your reviews for the shoes are!
    *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, twin! Loving shoes has certainly taught me a lot! =)

      Delete

Find Me