Tuesday, June 24, 2014

New Shoe Review: JustFab's "Aldeen" and "Tallie"

I've been trying to catch up with reviews of all the shoes I've added to my closet in the last couple of months, and today it's JustFab's turn.  I had featured both of these shoes in my April [Tallie] and May [Aldeen] monthly picks.  I waited a bit to make them mine, and I was glad I did.  I picked them up in the May sale - two pairs for $49.95 - but the semi-annual sale going on right now is even better.  It's two pairs for $39.95 - so it's buy one get one free!

"Aldeen" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
When I was out taking pictures for my Instagram of these shoes this past Saturday, three different women stopped me to ask me where I got my shoes.  They are very eye catching and sexy, that's for sure!  Although the site is saying that these run half a size small (some of the reviews say that as well), I did not find that to be the case for my 6.5 feet.  They aren't too bad on the comfort side, although for long periods of wear I'd definitely get inserts.  They're really easy to walk in for the heel height.  As far as quality goes, it's about a 6 out of 10 for me.  There is a small spot on one of the laces where the top material has come off already - although easily covered with a sharpie I was a bit disappointed. The biggest problem with them is the back zippers.  They are really difficult to zip up once you get the shoes on, but unzipping them hasn't been an issue.  They're also a bit of a hassle to get on and off in general.  All that said, I would not part with them.  Oh, and these also come in this weird 70s yellowish-tan color called "cognac" in case you were wondering about other colors.  Trust me, stick with the black.
 
"Tallie" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
These were one of the shoes I could not wait to get my feet into.  Overall they did not disappoint, and I think if I were to be out photoing them I would at least get the response from passers by that I did for "Aldeen".  I found these shoes to be true to size.  They are lacking in the comfort aspect, but not for the sole.  I don't think I'd use inserts in these as they are well padded, but I sure as hell will keep a BandAid Friction Block Stick around the first few times I wear them.  The textile that the upper is made of is a bit stiff and has a lot of potential for blisters.  They are easy to walk in for the heel height, and I really like that I can adjust the ankle strap if needed.  The zippers are much easier to work than the "Aldeen" shoe, but still don't go up and down as easily as they should.  Again, it's a shoe I wouldn't part with!

2 comments:

Find Me