Thursday, June 26, 2014

New Shoe Review: ShoeDazzle's "Margee"

I've got a few more recent shoe additions to review on my to-do list, but I had to skip that list and go straight to number one when today's review subject arrived.  I have the somewhat similar Bethylin striped wedges that ShoeDazzle offered last summer.  They are a natural and black striped and textured fabric, and I painted the red strip on the bottom sole purple to match my wardrobe better.  They're a nice shoe, but I find that I have not worn them much in the year that I've owned them, mostly because I would rather the natural color be a stark white.  "Margee" looks to be a different story, especially because this girl 1) doesn't like wedges and 2) these could easily become one of my favorite pairs of shoes.  Onto the review!

"Margee" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
"Margee" was the one must-have-immediately shoe on the wish list when the June mid-month drop hit.  I was overly excited when the box from ShoeDazzle was delivered Tuesday, and I could not wait to try them on.  My first impression is that they are incredibly comfortable!  They are well padded soles as well as the textile that the vamp area of the upper is made of is all fabric, very pleasing to the toes! The ankle area straps are vinyl backed but still quite comfortable.  I did have a bit of an issue at first with the buckles being a little stubborn, but once I took them off and put them back on again that issue disappeared.  Next I walked around outside in them before settling down poolside for a Instagram photo shoot.  They are a high heel (5.75" heel with a 1.5" platform) but because I'm way more used to stilettos at that height than wedges, they did take a little bit of getting used to.  By the time I completed my short walk I was a downright pro.  The quality is there for the most part.  The stripes on the heels are decently lined up to match on both shoes, but this is probably a coincidence more than quality control as I've learned in the 4+ years I've been with ShoeDazzle.  If that possibility of not matching is something that might bother you, you might want to order two pairs to mix and match, then send the remaining two that don't match as well back.  I did notice that the stitching on one of the ankle straps wasn't as straight as it could be, but that's not something anyone but I would notice while wearing - still a red mark in quality though.  Did I mention that they were true to size for my 6.5 feet?  They're also pretty lightweight for a wedge shoe which is really nice.  I love the Burtonesque black and white stripes, and these fit into my wardrobe so well.  If this color combination is not your cup of tea, they also come in a red and white striped version.  Great offering, ShoeDazzle!

1 comment:

  1. They really look so perfect Burtonian for you twin!!

    ReplyDelete

Find Me