Tuesday, July 1, 2014

New Month, New Shoes: July 2014

So the year is half over - that's good and bad for me.  I'm happy because the first half of 2014 hasn't been the best for me.  I'm sad because wow, the year is half over.  It's flown by.  But let's not stay sad - let's get happy again because it's new shoes time!  This month I was VERY happy with the selection at both ShoeDazzle and JustFab.  There are 10 pairs that I added to my favorites on ShoeDazzle, and 5 on JustFab.  I won't discuss all of them but I'll name the ones I'm most likely to add to my closet.

ShoeDazzle: "Cheque" by Beau+Ashe ($54.95 VIP members / $65.95 for non-VIPs)
First off, the jury is still out on the rugged lug sole on a stiletto.  I think it works very well on these heels, but on so many I have seen I think it detracts from the shoe more than anything.  For walking, I am sure it is a big help with all the extra traction it would give being a 5" heel height (with a 1" platform).  I do really like the doubled up ankle strap, but I do not think it is adjustable.  With the model's ankles obviously being thin, I am also guessing that this one is for those with smaller ankles only.  Besides being one highly drawn to graphic black and white patterns, I do enjoy auto racing; I have a soft spot for the checkers.
ShoeDazzle: "Perlita" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
I have a few pairs of leopard/cheetah print shoes in my collection, and they need to be something special for me to welcome them home.  I think these are, but only in the purple version.  There is a pink version as well but to me it doesn't have the same impact - it looks like the fabric is dirty on the pink shoe, not a good look.  Of course, I am a fan of the single sole pointed toe style, and I love the whole silhouette of these shoes.  It has a bit of a retro mary jane look to them.  "Perlita" looks to be a 4.25" heel.
ShoeDazzle: "Alonsa" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.95 for non-VIPs)
I really like this shoe, but in the blue and black version as opposed to the light/dark pink as seen in the upper right corner of the photo.  I think the contrast on the blue and black works better, but if you scroll down, you'll see a similar version of this sandal from JustFab which I like even better than this.  But back to "Alonsa"...  the lighter color is a matte finish, the darker is glossy.  I really like the detail of the stitching on the edges of the cutouts as well.  My only concern about this sandal is that the back is a lace up - something I like - but in this case, the lace up is a figure 8 that ties at the top.  I am not sure if that is enough to keep these tight to the foot.  I am sure we'll see in the reviews to follow but for now I have to say I at least give this one a thumbs up in the aesthetics.  Besides being a tall caged sandal, the heel height is also a tall 5" with a .5" platform.  My last note on these: they're a knockoff of a $735 sandal called "Mila Caged Heels" by Sophia Webster.  For a nearly $700 difference, I'll definitely take the ShoeDazzle version.
JustFab: "Reeve" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
It doesn't hurt that these shoes are called "Reeve".  I found myself very taken by Reeve Carney as Dorian Gray in "Penny Dreadful"... *swoon!!!!*   I find the simple corset tie front to be rather appealing as well - just 2 little crosses of the ties on the arch and then again across the ankle to lace it up.  The mix of the textiles is rather stunning too - a glossy faux snakeskin and a matte black.  Combine that with some some sexy curves, silver grommets and a 4.25" stiletto heel, and you've got an edgy sandal worth swooning about.
JustFab: "Sanna" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
I do like "Alonsa" from ShoeDazzle as shown above, but I really like "Sanna" more because I think it works better in a solid color - it's offered in purple, turquoise and black as can be seen in the upper right of the photo.  Of course, I am going to go for the faux suede purple, but it is also rather stunning in the faux suede turquoise.  The black version is textured and not as striking as the other two.  This sandal is really stunning from all angles as well - front, sides and back - with the addition of the corset tie on the back of the ankle.  "Sanna" has a 4.5" stiletto heel height with a small .5" platform.
JustFab: "Concetta" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
If you missed out on JustFab's "Darcia" from March, good news!  "Concetta" is a similar style, and I know I  like this one at least as much.  It's a smooth and sleek faux leather textile as opposed to "Darcia's" textured feel.  I like the details on this one - the silver arrow ankle strap buckle, the push through stud closure, the t-strap, and the extra strap around the vamp of the shoe.  It's definitely got a bit of an edge to it, and thankfully all silver hardware!  This single sole pointed toe style has a 4" stiletto heel.
Honorable mention:
JustFab: "Armey" by Luxe ($49.95 VIP members / $69.00 for non-VIPs)
I know last month I was complaining about boots, and I still am being that summer is only over a week old.  However, this boot deserves to be talked about.  First off, it's a 14" calf circumference so make sure to keep that in mind if they might make your wish list.  It's a great combat/rocker chic style - the lace up front as well as the round silver buckled straps across the foot and up on the shaft.  It's a side zip entry which I find quite appealing for easy on and off.  They also work well for wearing now on a cooler day with a short skirt, and will definitely be good with tights,  leggings or skinny jeans in the fall.  I have a feeling this one is going to be sold out fast.

3 comments:

  1. Cheque and Sanna are both my favourites from the whole list, such cool shoes!! Great picks, twin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its fabulous collection of footwear

    ReplyDelete

Find Me