Friday, July 4, 2014

New Shoe Review: JustFab's "Bellona" and "Allya"

If you didn't catch JustFab's BOGO sale last month, I hate to tell you that you missed out.  It was buy one, get one free on all styles on the site, and of course I *had* to pick up a couple of pairs for myself.  One I had discussed in my June picks, the other was one I was debating whether or not to purchase.  The verdict on these two?  Read on.

"Bellona" ($39.95 VIP members / $69.00 for non-VIPs)
I knew if I didn't grab these, they're going to be long gone by the time I would wear them (early fall).  First off, these are true to size for a 6.5, and the many reviews on the JustFab site say this as well for pretty much all other sizes.  They fit great in the foot area, but for me are really big in the ankle area (I have small ankles), and slightly large in the calf (I have a 13.75" calf and they are 15").  They are a really nice knee height as well, not too tall or short on me.  As far as style goes, these boots are killer!  But they're also a killer of comfort.  Some inserts are a must with these - the padding is not good at all.  The lack of comfort aside, I found them easy to walk in for the heel height - they're a 5" overall with a .75" platform.  Even though they are easy to walk in, the bottoms are smooth and slick so some scuffing up is needed.  For quality, they're pretty well made except for the zippers.  From the ankle up, the zippers work fine.  From the ankle down, they stick just a bit.  Not a big deal, but something to note.
"Allya" ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs, however they are $14.95 with a regular price purchase at the time this is being written)
I wasn't sure what to get as my "GO" of the BOGO, and I love a shoe with spikes.  This one does not disappoint.  These come in both cobalt blue and black.  I have spikes in black and several other colors already, but didn't have a cobalt blue so color was an easy choice.  For sizing, they're dead on for a 6.5.  For comfort they're pretty good on their own, but if I were to go to a wedding or something in them I would definitely get me some inserts.  The heel height is 5.75" with a 1.75" platform, and rather easy to walk in for the height.  The bottoms of these are non-skid.  They have a little weight to them with the platform but nothing that can't be overcome in a matter of minutes.  When talking about the quality of these, I am pretty impressed.  The faux suede looks real and the spikes are nicely lined up.  Definitely one of the better shoes I've gotten from JustFab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me