Monday, July 21, 2014

New Shoe Review: Iron Fist's Mermaid Print "Lollipop Lorelei Heel (Light Blue)"

So back in March I became smitten with the Lollipop Lorelei wedge heel from Iron Fist.  I must not be the only one because you can now get this pattern in either pink or blue on a variety of shoes -  flip flops, flats, pumps, platform heels and a wedge as can be seen in the photo below.  I was planning on getting the wedges for myself until I saw the pattern in my favorite silhouette - the single sole pointed toe - and in blue instead of pink.  I changed my mind instantly, and saved myself a few bucks since I was able to get them on sale.  I have yet to see the wedge go on sale, but if it does I will think about adding those too.  The mermaids and bubbles are just too cute!



"Lollipop Lorelei Heel - Light Blue" by Iron Fist
Ironfist.com - $30.00
Modcloth.com - $44.99
Heels.com - $49.99
Reading other people's reviews of this shoe made me a little nervous on the sizing.  Normally I'm a 6 in Iron Fist shoes (6.5 in other brands, I always size down in IF because it is whole sizes only), and comments were saying it was running narrow.  I would have to disagree on that.  My feet aren't narrow, but if you have wider foot or just larger feet for your size in general, this style is going to pinch.  If you go up a size, you're going to have many other fit issues.  As for comfort, they really could use help especially at the ball of the foot.  Even in walking around my house on carpet my feet ached a tad.  I did find them very easy to walk in for the heel height and the bottom is non-skid as well.  I also find the shoes to be well made.

All that said, I do have a gripe about Iron Fist shoes in general.  They come with a warning on the box:
Certain states require us to provide consumers special warning for certain products if those products expose consumers to chemicals above the threshold levels.  We care about our customers' safety and hope that the information below helps with your buying decisions. 
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects and other reproductive harm.  Do not mouth or chew.
FOR ILLINOIS RESIDENTS:

WARNING: May contain lead.  May be harmful if eaten or chewed.
Now I don't know about you, but I certainly would be more than willing to pay a few extra bucks for the shoes if they'd up their standards and get rid of these chemicals in question.  I already keep all of my shoes in their original boxes and far out of reach of my furbabies.  The last thing I'd want is to harm someone or something with shoes that I own, let alone what possible issues they could cause for myself.  So come on, Iron Fist.  I downright love your shoes but I am going to have to stop supporting your company if you continue to use these chemicals.  I hope that I am not the only one that will do this.  We all deserve wicked cool AND safe shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Me