Sunday, June 1, 2014

New Month, New Shoes: June 2014

Summertime!  Time for fabulous sandals and other open toe shoes.  It's by far my favorite season of the year, a time where I go out of my way to dress up, shoes most definitely included!

As excited as I am about the next few months and the shoes I'll get to wear, I'm again very disappointed in the offerings for June at both ShoeDazzle and JustFab.  JustFab is giving us some FALL shoes this month - boots and other assorted closed toe offerings - and it's not even summer yet: um, fail!  But I really don't know what's going on at ShoeDazzle.  For starters, it seems like there are way less than normal new arrivals - which leads me to believe that the rest of the shoes are either coming as Daily Deals or in the mid-month drop (let's hope).  There were also no gx by Gwen Stefani shoes this month.  That just added to my disappointment.  They've been so good at giving us unique, affordable shoes and right now there's only 2 pairs I added to my wish list.  Actually, make that 2 pairs from ShoeDazzle, and 1 from JustFab.  Although that's great for my monthly budget, I really would like to see a swing back to the shoe sites that I've come to love.

What are your thoughts on the two shoe sites??  I am curious to know if anyone else is feeling the same way.


ShoeDazzle: "Jaffe" by Paper Fox ($49.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
This shoe is so unique in style, I am thinking it's must be big name designer inspired.  It also comes in a solid metallic gunmetal tone, which is also quite stunning.  Me?  I definitely prefer the black and white mix if I have to pick between the two.  It's very sexy with the contrast, the strap placement, and the cutouts.  I love the pointed toe and the single sole as well.  It says in the details that this is a 5" heel, but I don't think they are that high; I am guessing that is a misprint.  These shoes will be my next ShoeDazzle purchase!




















ShoeDazzle: "Sudana" by Paper Fox ($49.95 VIP members / $59.95 for non-VIPs)
The photo for this shoe wasn't showing up for some reason, so I passed it by at first.  I saw the style in a leopard version - which doesn't have nearly the appeal that this does to me - but I really liked the silhouette of the shoe.  I'm glad I went back to look!  Besides the unique style, the graphic nature of the shoe is what caught my eye - it has a bit of mod flair.  These are 5" heels, but with a 1" platform.  The black part is elastic, so this shoe looks to be pretty versatile in the ankle department.  Paper Fox is a ShoeDazzle brand that I really seem to connect to.
 



















JustFab: "Rozelle" by Paper Fox ($39.95 VIP members / $49.00 for non-VIPs)
I have a somewhat similar pair (but MUCH more rocker chic) in my closet - Pleaser's "Delight-667".  Although they are similar in strappy style, this sandal is a toned down version of what I own.  The best part about these is that the hardware is all silver - no repainting needed!  The 3 buckles are adjustable so it looks like those with more narrow or wide feet and ankles would have a shot at making these work.  They also comes in a stunning metallic blue which would make me sit down and think about what color I would get.  The faux leather stiletto heel is a tall 6", and the platform is a 1.5".

1 comment:

  1. Very very cute shoes all of them! I love the first black & white ones the most!
    Sorry to hear that you are disappointed about the lack of new offers this month, though!

    ReplyDelete

Find Me